We set an example to follow by the way we lead. UT Southwestern
Nursing Internships three times a year: June, September and January
At UT Southwestern, the brightest students are trained to become the nurses of the future. Our comprehensive nursing internships take learning beyond the classroom to the floor where you will get hands-on experience.
- Dedicated, supportive preceptors throughout your 12-week program
- For OR interns, an extensive 9-month program where you will rotate through all surgical services
- $3,000 sign-on bonus plus relocation assistance
- Requires an online application, resume, current transcript and 3.0 GPA. Apply online at www.utsouthwestern.edu/careers
About our OR Internship
Our OR Internship is a comprehensive 9-month orientation based on theory, standards and recommended practices identified by AORN. We combine instructional modalities - including the gold standard online curriculum, PeriOp 101, classroom instruction - with skills practicums to prepare nurses to care for patients in the OR. Our preceptors, who have been educated and prepared to teach adults, help every step of the way to prepare our interns for independent practice.
Nursing at UT Southwestern
Now is an exciting time to be a nurse at UT Southwestern. As one of the world's leading teaching facilities, we embrace innovation, share ideas and advance the world of medicine with new approaches. As nurses, we are encouraged to use our minds in extraordinary ways to help bring our patients the latest advances in medicine. If you want to collaborate with a team that practices multidisciplinary thinking across a broad range of medical disciplines, you'll feel at home at UT Southwestern.
- Is ranked in more specialties than any other hospital in North Texas on U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Hospitals 2009-10 list
- Is recognized among the top academic medical centers in the world
- Employs world-class medical and scientific faculty, including four Nobel laureates, 19 faculty members of the prestigious National Academy of Sciences’ Institute of Medicine (IOM) and 14 members of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Offers competitive wages and State of Texas benefits that begin the first day of employment
- Provides a supportive, culturally diverse environment
Walk the halls at UT Southwestern and you’ll see proof that diversity enriches our workplace and makes this a special place to learn and grow. We all share the same commitment to finding new and better ways to do our jobs. At UT Southwestern, a variety of voices and perspectives leads to more compassion toward both patients and co-workers.
If you want to work on cases that most people only have the opportunity to read about in textbooks, look no further than UT Southwestern.
For more information and to apply online, please visit our website: www.utsouthwestern.edu/careers
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recent Jobs at UT Southwestern Medical Center